Rotterdam – 40 – Fulltime
International Food Connectors B.V., a young & dynamic international food trading company based in Rotterdam (Wilhelminaplein), is looking for a motivated and experienced Sales Trader with a proven track record in the frozen and/or fresh food industry who wants to make the next step in his/her career.
What we ask of you
- Bachelors degree
- Fluent English
- Additional language (Spanish, Portuguese, Chinese, Japanese)
- Motivated mindset
What you get from us
- Competitive salary and bonusses
- 25 vacation days
- Opportunity to travel frequently
- Company lunch and drinks on Fridays
- Amazing team members
About the job
You will work alongside experienced traders who will coach you in developing all the skills necessary to succeed in the dynamic world of international trade.
You will develop your own portfolio of clients and/or suppliers, and will build & maintain strong relationships with these parties. Though you will be running your own show, in the beginning you will be supported by a senior trader. Travelling several weeks per year to visit your customers and/or suppliers is key to your success. You will join a young and ambitious team that works hard but doesn’t forget to celebrate success either!
- Negotiating contracts with your customers and/or suppliers
- Developing new business and building your own portfolio of partners
- Building & maintaining strong relations with your commercial partners
- Working closely together with your colleagues from logistics & finance to monitor your business
- Following & understanding market trends, and using these to your advantage
- You will report directly to the company directory
''Trading is a fascinating business. Every day is different and every day we encounter new challenges we have to overcome as a team.
The interesting thing about this job is you have to rely a lot on your resilience and persistency. Because of having the drive to succeed day in day out, we care able to succeed.''
What we expect from you:
- University degree (HBO/WO)
- At least one year experience as a trader in the frozen protein products industry
- Fluent in English, both verbally & written. Additional languages are a plus
What we offer you:
- Competitive salary
- Bonus scheme
- Seeing the world; you will travel several weeks per year visiting your suppliers and/or clients
- Good secondary terms and conditions
- Quarterly team building / fun events (BBQ’s, sunny boat tours, etc.)
- Company lunch and afternoon drinks on Fridays
- Weekly fresh fruit
- 25 holidays
International Food Connectors BV is young & dynamic food trading company. We buy and sell our products worldwide. Our products include frozen poultry, pork, beef, vegetables and French fries, but also fresh vegetables such as onions & potatoes. We are a dedicated and service orientated company, building strong and long term relations with our suppliers and customers.
- Informal atmoshpere
- Enterpreneurial mindset
- Internationally orientated
Apply for this job now!
Applying is very easy and can be done in a few minutes. Fill in the form below and our recruiter Sarah will contact you.